Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Power of a Praying Wife

I have been participating, or at least trying to, with the 30 days of prayer for my hubby. The first two days went well and then the enemy got mad and so there have been trials for the last three days, and I haven't been able to speak with God the way I should be and especially for my hubby. So I am catching up and when I should be on day 6(?) I am on Day Three.

MY PRAYER

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you Lord, for my hubby and thank you for making him a giver, even though at times I don't understand it, I thank you for giving him the heart to give and the wisdom to me, not to protest his giving. My hubby is truly a blessing and I thank you for him.
Thank you lord for always providing for us and giving my hubby the strength to get up each and every morning and work for his family and your church. Thank you Lord for allowing me to help my hubby and not to spend the money he works so hard for frivolously and unresponsibly,in order to provide for the family and to tithe and to give offering and to help others.
Forgive the doubts and the times I didn't see the financial blessings you have provided.
Thank you lord for helping us when we were at rock bottom and always providing us with the basic needs of food clothing and shelter.
Lord Thank you for giving us the strength and loyalty to stick by each other and never to give up on each other.
Thank you Lord for such a hard working man and for giving me the ability to trust that because he is God fearing and hard working that I will never be without.

"Consider the lilies..."

Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Luke 12:27

Thank you Lord for getting us through when we thought we wouldnt make it and thank you for keeping a roof over our heads, food on the table and clothes on our backs.

Lord, I ask that we be content and continue to trust that you will provide for our every need and remember all the times you have provided for the needs and tossed in a treat every now and then.
I appreciate all those times Lord and know that there will be more and so I trust in You.

Lord, I ask that you continue to work through Angel, and that you continue to give him the strength to work both outside and in your fields.
I ask Lord, that you give him peace and wisdom as you have in the past to care for our family and to place You in the center of our finances and our lives.
I know Lord, that Angel loves You, His love for You is obvious and his desire to serve You and others is apparent.
Lord, I pray that he may be encouraged, continue working in him and give him strength peace and joy to continue in Your path.

"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." Psalm 37:25


Thank you Lord for Angel ,I know you will continue to provide for us and that you will continue to give him the strength needed to work and for me to make his return from work a pleasant one, and that I continue to show my appreciation for him.
Lord, I ask You to let him know , in some way, that he is very appreciated by us and that all his hard work is not in vain.
Lord, thank you because I know You are our Provider, I never expected to be where I am today and I can only imagine what blessings you have in store for my hubby and family and for our future.

Thank you Lord for giving me the confidence to know that everything will be okay.
Thank you Lord for a hubby who makes me feel safe, and secure financially and in other ways.

In the Name of Jesus Christ
Amen



Consider The Lilies
Written by: Joel Hemphill



Consider the lilies they don’t toil nor spin
And there’s not a king with more splendor than them
Consider the sparrow they don’t plant or sow
But they’re fed by the Master who watches them grow



We have a Heavenly Father above
With eyes full of mercy
And a heart full of love
He really cares when
Your head is bowed low
Consider the lilies and then you will know


Now may I introduce you to this friend of mine
Who hangs out the stars and tells the sun when to shine
And kisses the flowers each morning with dew
But He’s not too busy to care about you

2 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

I have such a hard time praying for Gene when I don't even want to be in the same room w/ him. lol...I was doing Love Dare and just need to finish it. That was a huge challenge. I do love and adore my husband, but it seems when I do things on purpose to improve "Us" that is when Satan becomes unglued. ~sigh~

Beth in NC said...

I'm sure God will continue to bless you as you pray for you husband. :o)

Bless you!
Beth