Monday, February 23, 2009

Hubby is praying in the bedroom and I hear his gentle voice as it becomes muffled through the bedroom wall and enters into the living room where i sit and type this. He will occasionally sing a few lines from an old hymn and return to his prayer. If i open the bedroom door i can also hear the turning of the thin pages of his Bible. The praise and worship eases my mind and puts a smile on my face as God fills this home with His peace.
As a pastor's wife....rather, as THIS pastor's wife I will do my utmost to encourage and support him. I will pray for my husband and his ministry, a ministry given to him by God. He is a mere vessel and my prayer is that God continues to be glorified in the sermons and in Hubby's task and responsibility as a pastor to His church.
I never thought in a million years that I would marry someone who would become a pastor but here I am honored that God allowed me this privileged. My goal is to be a good servant,wife, mother and pastor's wife and I ask that God lead me in every way. To reveal to me the way sin which I can be helpful to my hubby , in this way, he can find a second sanctuary at home and with me and the family, the first sanctuary being, of course in God.

2 comments:

Beth in NC said...

This is so incredibly sweet.

SheriYates said...

sweet.
your blog is just beautiful.