Friday, January 30, 2009

Morning


I went to bed at three thirty in the morning. I found a site that contains free movie scripts so I read a couple of them just to get a feel of what a real script looks like. My scripts don't look so bad compared to these.

There are some abbreviations on the real scripts and some lingos I don't get but I could always google those and find out what they mean.

It took a while for me to fall asleep after reading. For some reason, last night every sound that I heard in the apartment caused me to jump. I found the humming of the air conditioner quite reassuring because I knew it probably drowned out some of the creepy sounds I didn't hear but knew were there. I try to relax and think of a comforting verse.

For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Ahh Good Old Timothy 1:7

Hubby woke up at seven-thirty this morning. I knew this because my groggy self looked at the alarm clock by the bed. He tells me to go back to sleep. I close my eyes because I am still very sleepy. I begin calculating in my head, How many hours of sleep have I had, so far? Four hours. Not enough.

Then I hear the spare change being removed by Hubby from the pockets of the pants he wore to church yesterday, the last pair he wore that were hanging pathetically over the chair in my bedroom, causing weird monster shapes just last night, four hours ago. I dont have to open my eyes to know exactly what he is doing. But I pray he does it quickly so I could go back to sleep. He opens the third draw of a very small chest consisting of three drawers. The first contains nickels, the second, dimes and the third quarters. By the sound of the coin hitting the drawer and joining the other coins I can tell which drawer he opened and which coin he placed in what drawer. He doesn't make an effort to do this quietly and he is taking way too much time doing it. I close my eyes tighter and scream at him angrily (in my head, of course) "Put the darn coins in and go to work already!" I open my eyes and face him with a look of unbelief. "What!?"


"Shhhh, go back to sleep." He whispers.


I still have some sleep left. So I turn quickly and angrily and bury my head in my pillows and cover my head with the comforter. This feels so good and I begin to drift off, when I feel the comforter slowly uncovering my head and Hubby bends down to kiss me goodbye. I force a "How sweet" smile when I secretly want to kill him.


"Take it easy today and....


Is he talking to me now!!!!! Go away!!!! Go to Work!!!!! I want to sleep!!!!!


"Relax Debbie, this is not good or positive. Your attitude stinks right now."


I try to relax. It's not Hubby's fault that I am such a light sleeper.

He leaves. I hear the bedroom door close and then he is gone.


Great, now I have to go to the bathroom . I debate whether it could wait and I could manage to fall back to sleep with a full bladder or should I walk to the bathroom with my eyes closed, so I don't lose the bit of sleep I have left and rely on my memory to guide me to the bathroom. I decide on the latter. During my walk to the bathroom, I hear something I open my eyes and through the open door of the bathroom I could see Hubby removing the trash from the kitchen trash can and replacing the bag. I shut the bathroom door.


Mission Accomplished.

I am no longer sleepy.

I return to bed and try to summon sleep. I hear the front door lock. I get in my "comfy, comforter and place it over the head with my face buried in pillows" position.

Nothing. Maybe if I turn the air conditioner off. I get up and turn it off and return to the position. I can't. Frustrated I lie on my back and stare at the light fixture on the ceiling. "Darn!"

Blissful sleep is all gone.


Now my head is buzzing with all these ideas. Writing ideas, perhaps brought on by reading last night.

I sit upright and grab my laptop which sits waiting on the third (top of three) hatboxes by my bed. I use these hatboxes for storage and they're pretty enough to be by my bed.

I turn the laptop on. Then I hit programs, then Micros*ft Word. A new blank document pops up. I stare at it, then I stare at the cursor as it blinks. I close the window and get out of programs. I click on Intern*t Explor*r, then click favorites and then click Reflections of A Pastor's Wife. It opens to the Bl*gger's sign in page. I sign in and write the first thing I can think of which happens to be what you are reading now. Something I audaciously believe will be of great interest to you and now that I have wasted your time I will reread the post. Then I'll hit publish and then I will compulsively View Blog to see if it's there. When I see it, I will sign out, close the window, close all the other open windows. Click on start, then click on Turn off computer then I will click hibernate. My computer will take approximtely eighteen seconds to go dark. I know this because I count everything. Very OCD. When it is off I close my laptop and feel the familiar click as the lid closes, Then I'll brush my teeth and make myself a cup of coffee. By midday I will miss Hubby, because it will be too quiet in here.

Morning

No comments: